Truth be told, most students dread writing a Lord of the Flies essay. And who can blame them? Lord of the Flies is definitely not an easy novel. And it’s not synopsis writing. In fact, it is full of symbolism. This makes the Lord of the Flies essay something most students would prefer to avoid. However, there is no escaping one’s fate. If your professor tells you to write a Lord of the Flies symbolism essay, you really don’t have any other option than to write the paper.
However, you can do it the easy way or the hard way. The hard way means banging your head against the wall trying to find something interesting to write about. The easy way means reading this guide to the end and picking the best topics and the best type of structure. So let’s show you the best tips, tricks and topics for your next Lord of the Flies leadership essay!
Is the Lord of the Flies Essay Difficult?
We would like to tell you otherwise but, unfortunately, writing a Lord of the Flies analysis essay can be quite difficult. This novel is not an easy read, so it’s definitely not easy to write a paper about it either. However, you can make things a bit easier for yourself. The first thing you need to keep in mind is that you should choose a great Lord of the Flies essay title. Also, pay attention to the Lord of the Flies essay prompts (if any were assigned by your professor). This will help you get a good start.
The next thing you need to understand is that writing a Lord of the Flies essay is just like writing any other essay. You are basically writing an academic paper, so you need to follow all the applicable academic writing guidelines. Moreover, you need to keep your tone and your writing style neutral. Avoid being subjective and avoid drawing conclusions without including ample information that supports your claims. This will help you get a good grade even when your writing is not stellar.
Lord of the Flies by William Golding: Tips and Tricks
When you have to write a good Lord of the Flies theme essay, you should make sure you know all the best tips and tricks. Remember, this academic paper is not easy to write. It will take time and effort, especially if you need an A or an A+. Here are some of the best tips and tricks for students who want to write a top notch essay on Lord of the Flies:
- Start early. It may take you three or four days to write this essay. This means you should start working on this assignment as soon as you receive it. Don’t procrastinate, or you’ll regret it later!
- You need to read the William Golding Lord of the Flies novel. Even if you don’t really like reading, it is a must; otherwise, you won’t know what to write about.
- Try to write a Lord of the Flies argumentative essay whenever possible. Writing a leadership or an analysis essay is much more difficult.
- Find an interesting Lord of the Flies essay topic that nobody in your class has thought of. This will make your paper original and interesting (bonus points, in other words).
- Read all the Lord of the Flies essay examples you can find online or order one from an academic writing agency. Carefully try to replicate the writing techniques and the structure you see in these papers – but only if the samples are of the highest possible quality.
- Learn the five paragraph essay structure. It works great for this kind of paper. You just need to write an introduction, three body paragraphs (one for each main idea), and a conclusion.
- Write an intriguing Lord of the Flies essay introduction. The intro is very important because it needs to captivate the reader and keep him reading.
- Search online or ask your professor for answers to all your Lord of the Flies essay questions. Don’t assume you know how to write this paper!
List of Excellent Lord of the Flies Essay Topics
As we mentioned earlier, finding some good topics (you may call them Lord of the Flies essay titles) is very important. The topic you pick should not be overly complex, but it shouldn’t be too simple. You want to write the paper quickly, but you also want to have enough material to write 500-700 words on the topic. And no, straying away from the subject will not be acceptable! Here are some of the essay topics for Lord of the Flies that we think would be good choices for you:
- Discuss the civilization versus savagery theme (analyze the conflict between savage impulse and the rules of civilization).
- Talk about individualism versus community. The novel discusses the role of the individual in a community, so has the potential to be a very nice topic.
- Discuss the absence of laws on the island. What implications does it have? This is actually one of the least picked Lord of the Flies essay topics.
- Analyze the nature of Evil. What is the Beast? What does it symbolize? Is the Beast a supernatural being?
- Discuss the man versus nature struggle. How do the boys react to the nature around them? Analyze the relationship between specific boys and the nature.
- Of course, you can always discuss the loss of innocence. This is, after all, one of the main themes of the novel. A Lord of the Flies loss of innocence essay is a very good idea.
Yes, writing a Lord of the Flies by William Golding paper can be difficult. But it is not impossible, as long as you have some good Lord of the Flies essay ideas. Use the tips and tricks in this article to write a better essay faster. And remember that you can always write an academic paper on a subject your professor expects the least: why did William Golding write lord of the flies? It’s not easy, but it guarantees a top grade. Also you may ask a custom writing service for help. Give it a try!