What is the American dream? Essay writers find it difficult to define this especially those that are of American origin. This is simply because it is tough trying to describe what you would want to have if you were to visit a country that you are already living in. Instead of trying to rack your mind for ideas on how to write an American dream easy, how about you go through this article to see what we recommend you to do?
Main Parts of Your Essay on American Dream
A captivating and factual introduction will always take the day. Write about the American dream, what people perceive it to be, what it is, and what it takes to achieve this dream. Give a clear definition of American dream and try to explain how it came into being. However, do not disclose these facts in detail. All you want to do is introduce your reader to the topic. Let them know what they will stumble upon once they read your American dream essay. Depending on how long your paper is, the introduction should not be more than one page long.
Here is where all the gist lies. Pour your heart out and write in detail what you think of the American dream. Take into consideration the fact that many immigrants have moved into the USA in an attempt to achieve their version of the American dream. Are there any foreign people who made it big in the USA? Who are they? Which industry did they join? Also, which is the industry that thrives most when it comes to achieving the American dream? Write all these facts in your essay on the American dream.
Once you have all the details you want to be written down on paper, you can then sum up the article by highlighting the most critical points as per your deductions. Give recommendations that the reader should consider.
Topic Suggestions for Your American Dream Essay
When writing an essay about American dream selecting the right topic can be quite challenging. This is because the subject has several areas that you can discuss. Several topics have been covered, yet the pressure to come up with unique content is high. However, you can still come up with fresh ideas on the subject to cover. Some of the areas of discussion that you can write about include:
- Is the American Dream Real?
- The Fallacies About the American Dream
- What is the American Dream?
- The American Dream: Is it Favourable to All?
- What to Think About Before Trying to Achieve the American Dream
- The History of the American Dream
While writing an essay about American dream, add into the paper an argumentative concept to create a contrast. You can write about the expectations of the encounter as compared to the reality which both American Citizens and Immigrants have to face once they begin their journey towards actualizing the dream.
What Not to Do in Your American Dream Essay
Considering that there are various angles that you can view this topic, it is difficult to write off an idea as wrong. However, there are a few things that you ought to be cautious about once you start writing your essay on the American dream. For example:
- Do not give misleading information that could potentially lead your readers astray.
- Do not plagiarize. When giving facts, especially when writing an American dream argumentative essay, ensure that you quote the source.
- Do not repeat the same idea several. Doing so will cause the reader to lose interest in your America dream essay.
- Do not pick a topic that is obvious. Go out of the usual and tackle a subject that most people wouldn’t. A green area gives you the edge considering you get to set the pace.
- Do not use sources that are not authoritative. Considering that your essay about American dream is a scholarly one, you need to have reliable references, which you can refer to in case of a controversy. Opt for books, journals, and magazines written by other scholars.
What to Do When Writing an Essay About American Dream
- Write clear sentences that the reader can understand without having to consult you.
- Use a variety of sources including online journals and articles that touch on the topic.
- Take time to talk to other students who have done the paper to get insight on how to go about it.
- Begin working on the essay early enough to avoid the last minute rush.
- Proofread your work severally to ensure that you do not submit a task that has errors.
- Get help from a qualified writer who will write the essay for you in case you get stuck.
- In case you run out of topics to write on, chose to write the paper in a personal way. The sample topic can be, “My American Dream Essay.” This gives you the leeway to compare the current state of the situation, and what you would expect from an individual perspective.